Are you feeling stuck in the mud? Perhaps you’re having late afternoon fatigue and aren’t feeling motivated to go to the gym or cook a healthy dinner! If your goals are taking a hit and you’re losing motivation, look no further! Here are the top 5 tips to get you back on track and feeling more energetic to achieve your goals!
1. Make sure you wake up with enough time to get ready without rushing and eat a plentiful breakfast. How you start your day will determine the outcome for the remainder of your day. A rushed, exhausting morning will result in little-to-no energy in the afternoon. Wake up on the right side of the bed, as they say!
2. Sleep between 7 and 9 hours per night! Without adequate rest, your body goes into overdrive and your organs start to weaken, causing overall lethargy and exhaustion.
3. Stay hydrated. Ensure you are drinking 2 liters of water per day! Try fruit infused water to give traditional water a little splash of flavor!
4. Eat balanced, healthy and nutritiously packed meals throughout the day! By eating a balanced meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, your body is less likely to feel fatigued and lacking nutrients. Feed your body, don’t starve it! Before you leave your home, pack a small bag of blueberries, strawberries, celery, or carrots, and hummus for a midday snack or some fresh squeezed lemon water for your afternoon walk! Remember, food is fuel!
5. Ditch the caffeine! It’s a quick fix and has no long-lasting results. By eliminating coffee, carbonated drinks, and “energy boosters” formulated with chemicals, your ability to extract the nutrients from the super foods you consume will amplify. Before you know it, you won’t need that midday energy soda! Check out this article on why you want to ditch soda!
Greater energy and motivation to achieve your goals is at your fingertips! Follow these 5 steps and you’ll be on your way to a happier, healthier, and more motivated you!
Dandelions have some great redeeming qualities. That’s why they have been used in plenty of folk medicine for quite some time now. While talking about dandelion tea there are two different types of beverages that are popular. First being the infusion made from the leaves of the plant. And the second one is the roasted dandelion roots. These both are completely safe for use if they haven’t been sprayed with pesticides or insecticides and can be used for plenty of purposes. We have brought you a list of some of the amazing benefits of the dandelion tea, let’s have a look at them.
1. Reduces Water Weight
Dandelion tea can be used as a diuretic to help increase the urine output hence it can be used to be relieved from bloating. Taking two cups of the beverage made from the leaves of the plant can help to increase the urine output effectively and relieves bloating.
2. Soothes Digestive Ailments
Dandelion root tea can have extremely positive effects on a person’s digestive system. For instance, it helps greatly to improve the appetite while soothing digestive ailments and relieving constipation hence it is highly anecdotal in nature.
3. Promotes Liver Health
The roots of dandelions have been used as an amazing liver tonic in the folk medicine. Studies have shown that they aid in increased flow of bile. In other words, the liver root tea is highly effective for the liver detoxification. It also helps with skin and eye problems.
4. A great Weight Loss Drug
Research has shown that dandelion has similar effects on the body regarding as the drug Orlistat. This drug works by inhibiting the pancreatic lipase, an enzyme which is released during digestion and helps to break down the fats. They have been tested on mice and proven results for anti-obesity properties.
5. Potential Anti-Cancer Applications
Recent studies have also shown that the dandelion root has some potential cancer-fighting properties and can show some promising results in the treatment. A research has shown that the dandelion root extract causes the death of melanoma cells without effecting the non-cancerous cells as well as helped to treat the pancreatic cancer cells. Although the anti-cancer properties haven’t been proven yet they have a great potential.
6. Acts as a Substitute for Coffee
The dandelion roots of the young plant can be roasted to a dark brown color and be brewed into a coffee like beverage which can be used as an effective substitute of coffee. You can steep it in hot water and then strain it to make an effective drink.
7. Prevents Urinary Tract Infections
This herb can also be paired with the herb uva ursi to help prevent urinary tract infections. It works best in this combination due to the anti-bacterial compounds of the uva ursi herb and the increased urine output effect of the dandelion.
Possible Side Effects
Dandelion is safe for most of the people, although some people may have allergic reactions due to ingestion and touching. It also may trigger side effects if used with certain medications like lithium, Cipro and diuretics. So, if you are under any medication, consult a doctor before drinking dandelion tea.
Keeping in view these great benefits of the tea. Go ahead and drink the tea for some great results. Try to be consistent in use for better results.